It is just about Your Initial Login & Password, Getting Familiar with UNIX interface and some basic Unix commands, and working with WINDOWS system at Unix Interface (windows explorer)
1. Your Initial Initial Login and Password:
When you log into the Flinders’ computer system in the first time, the system requires you to type your USER NAME and PASSWORD.
Your USER NAME = your Email User Name which is issued when you enrolled
Your Initial PASSWORD = last four digits of your student number with the first four digits of your birth date.
my student number is 2034784
my birth date is 1st July 1980 (01–07-1980)
so my initial password is 47840107
…..you have completed the initial log in to your account
Then…every initial log in will be followed by RED Change Password Screen (you have to change your initial password)
Your New Password must:
– at least 7 characters long
– at least 2 alphabetic characters (a-z) or A-Z) and at least 1 numeric (0-9) or special character;
If you forget your new password or you can log in for your initial login –> you need to see Help Desk. The Help Desk for Infoeng is in room 259 ‘ (2nd Floor next to School office, go through the corridor)- the Information Science & Technology building.
Changing your Password using Unix Command
2. to get familiar with CSEM Computer System:
which is Server-Workstations networking system
with UNIX server
and the main workstations are ‘Sunrays‘ ( special-purpose graphics workstation) which use ‘IceWM’ interface.
detail about the the Menu click The Computer System in Infoeng labs?
3. Working with Windows system from Unix interface: “Windows Terminal Server (WTS)”
– using Windows Explorer to create, move, copy, rename, delete files and directories.
3 CHECK POINTs For Workshop1 (1,2,3):
– Calendar May 2009 –> cal 5 2009
to check (show last 10 commands)